Join our Olympic Workshop
Saturday, April 20th – 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Fee: $20 for members, $30 visitors
- Reserve your spot on our Zen app
- Preferred method of payment: Venmo @antonette-semklo
Come meet our coach, Amanda May.
Amanda’s Certifications/Other Continued Education:
- USAW Level 1 Certification
- USAW LWC Referee Certification
- 5 years competitive Olympic Weightlifting experience
- State titles in three weight classes
- Wisconsin Weightlifting State Record Holder
- Collegiate swimmer
Allow me to set the tone by asking a few questions …
- Are you interested in Barbell movements, but shy away from them due to mobility restrictions?
- Have you avoided using the barbell in your training due to lack of knowledge and coaching in this area?
- Have you been Olympic lifting for months, maybe even years, and hit a plateau?
- Have you seen people does these lifts and thought, “that looks cool, I wish I knew how to do that”…
If you answered “Yes” to any of the above scenarios, then I highly recommend joining us!
- Work towards full execution of the barbell movements
- Clean up any bad habits we might have picked up
- Build confidence in the overhead position
- Build confidence getting under the bar
- Learn proper mobility drills to fine tune your overhead position
- Learn how to move more freely, perform better, and to minimize any risk of injury
|Warm up / Activation / Mobility Drills||Technique Review|
|Warming Complexes||The Classic Lifts *|
* If comfortable, athletes will try to build to max attempts OR we will continue to focus on breaking down positions to reinforce movement patterns in the full Olympic lifts.
What to Wear:
- Whatever you’d typically work out in!
- If you have weightlifting shoes, feel free to bring them. If not, flat bottom athletic shoes will be just fine.
- Bottled water, or bottle water is available for $1
- Bring a buddy!
Don’t wait to register for this workshop, spots will fill up, and space is limited. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in making gains and taking their fitness to the next level.