Date: Sunday, January 27th
Fee: Open event to the community, free workshop
Your Coach: Meet one of our newest coaches, Stevan Dukic.
Starting in February, Stevan will begin coaching our Tues and Thursday morning classes. (kettlebells and power lifting program)
Stevan’s Certifications/Other Continued Education
- Mobility WOD 101, March 2018
- Kabuki Strength Movement Systems, March 2018
- Mobility WOD 102, November 2018
- First Aid and CPR/AED, October 2017
- ACE Personal Training, November 2017
- ISSA Sports Nutrition, June 2016
- ACE Orthopedic Exercise Specialty, October 2016
The Workshop Goal:
- The Movement & Mobility Workshop is designed to help you move to perform better and move more freely in your everyday life.
- This Workshop illuminates common movement errors that can cause musculoskeletal dysfunction and rob you of speed, power, endurance, and strength. Whether you are a professional athlete, a weekend warrior, or simply someone wanting to live, this workshop will teach you how to maintain your body and harness your genetic potential.
- The Movement and Mobility workshop is designed so that users will be able to quickly identify movement inefficiency and have a dynamic order of operations to know where and what and how to correct.
What to expect (class format)
- We will run several ROM (range of motion) tests
- Utilize a mobilization technique to help improve
- test, retest, and load (add some weighted movements)
- Mini workouts
What to bring:
- A change of shoes
- Wear ‘bendy’ clothes
- Bring a buddy!
More info about our Mobility Workshop and the “Starrett System”
Coach Stevan, has recently completed the ModWod 101 and 102 certifications under Kelly Starrett. For those of you who don’t know, K-Starr was rated one of the most influential people in health and fitness in 2017. Basically, this workshop is a big deal and you should not miss it. The Starrett System is derived directly from thousands of hours of coaching practice and from the experience of coaching thousands of athletes and working with the world’s greatest coaches in settings as diverse (ie. professional teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, Golf, and MMA.)
Who is Kelly Starrett
AKA ‘K-Starr’(according to Wikipedia) is quoted to be a physical therapist, author, and speaker. His 2013 fitness book, Becoming a Supple Leopard, was featured on The New York Times bestselling sports books list (this is basically the bible at RaceStart. You can find it on my desk). He is a co-founder, with his wife Juliet Starrett, of the fitness website MobilityWOD. He has been described as a “celebrity” and “founding father” of CrossFit, as well as ranking on Greatist‘s 2017 list of the 100 most influential people in health and fitness.
*Please note that Kelly Starrett will not be present at this event.