Believe it or not I used to be the person with the 24 hour ’globo gym’ membership. It was convenient, cheap, and I could come and go as I pleased. The gym was my escape … I’d put my earbuds in and tune out the world….I was in “my zone”.
It might be helpful to note that I was in competitive sports for most of my life. Once I graduated high school I was still active and continued to workout. However, I was just going through the movements, not focusing on a goal, or pushing myself to work on my weaknesses. I just stuck to what I liked to do. I was the classic ”cherry picker”. In no way did I consider myself an “athlete”, nor was I really happy with my fitness results (even though I was putting in the TIME).
Then I tried Group Fitness and this was what I discovered.
Read my 7 reasons why group fitness is not for you!
- group fitness will push you out of your comfort zone – you will often find yourself doing things you never thought were possible
- our classes will keep you accountable. You can’t push it off, you have it on your schedule and that’s the time that you have to be there
- the coaches take the guessing work out of it. The workout program is already planned out for you. No “cherry picking”
- coaches are there to make sure you’re using proper form and weight-less risk of injury
- your confidence will continue to grow inside as well as outside the gym
- you will meet people who share similar interests as you
- RaceStart limits classes to 10 people – keeping class sizes small, and intimate
Group Fitness classes helped fulfill a void that had been missing after I stopped competing in sports. That competitive drive that was still inside of me and longing for camaraderie again … was fulfilled by Group Fitness training. Group fitness training broke me out of my shell.
At RaceStart, your experience with Group Fitness starts the moment you walk through the doors. You see your coach and then notice the workout on the whiteboard. Mobility and mental preparation set in as your excitement grows … After the coach goes over your workout you wait in anticipation for the sound of the clock, “3…2…1…GO!” Your adrenaline kicks in as the beats from the speaker continue to intensify. The gym suddenly erupts. The coach looks around the room in sheer amazement at the sight of students, moms, and professionals. Suddenly your inner athlete is present, regardless if you were ever an athlete in your past or not.
We all have an inner athlete just waiting to come out. Are you looking to bring out yours? If so, then Group Fitness is for you. Your body will thank you!