Happy holidays from all of us at RaceStart!
The end of the year is quickly approaching. A big thank you to all of our dedicated athletes who have followed us during this adventure. You are the backbone to this operation- without you this dream would not have become a reality.
We live and breathe by example, and RaceStart’s mission is to keep us healthy and strong for our significant others, kids, brothers, sisters, parents, etc.- It’s our goal to continue to build a strong community of leaders and set a positive example for the generations to follow.
- In February, RaceStart moved into the Lincoln Warehouse.
- From March-May we worked on brand positioning while creating a new website-with the help of our friends at JS-Interactive
- In March, RaceStart began a sponsorship with Jordan Griffin, #1 featherweight MMA fighter and King Of The Cage Champ
- Jordan Griffin, soon joined #TeamRaceStart and now offers personal training, private boxing lessons, as well as small group classes. For more information contact Jordan, #414-881-5780
- Since our Grand opening in May, we added a group class to our schedule, Tabata Thursday @6 P.M.
- In June, RS had their first interview and featured on this blog
- In July, Carrie Laux earned her Yoga certification (YEAH!) and now offers mobility services of restorative yoga @RaceStart! For more info contact Carrie, email@example.com
- In Aug, Antonette RACE became Antonette SEMKLO! Antonette’s last name is passed down to her first born, RaceStart Training 😉
- In October we established a relationship with DCVinyl. This allowed us to create apparel featuring our NEW LOGO! Thanks again DCV! We loved how everything turned out, and your excellent service!
- RS hosted several events over the last few months:
- Grand opening: workout, paleo treats to follow, and meet and greets of team RaceStart…along with prizes from local vendors
- Stand Up Paddleboarding lessons…and Yoga on SUP, AWESOME!
- Rowing on the water with the MSOE row coach
- A Mobility Workshop, ‘Move To Perform’, with Dr. Nate Sorum
- Halloween workout and Paleo Potluck
- Christmas workout, followed by a Paleo potluck and white elephant gift exchange
- In November, The MPD asked RS to create a wellness program for the sworn and non-sworn members. This was a dream come true- Very excited for RS’s furture with the MPD.
- RaceStart established a relationship with Dr. Nate Sorum (Physical therapist, and chiropractor- specializing in dry needling) as well as Dr. Scott Glidden (sport chiropractic). Both are very skilled at what they do, offering a little something different to the table. I can’t stress enough how important our mobility is to see progress in our fitness regimen. These guys are great for a good “tune-up” job:) I look forward to working with them more in the future
- In December, RaceStart was in their first tradeshow and published in the WWBIC annual magazine.
PLANS FOR 2016 :
- In January, We will be welcoming another trainer to the the RS family, Erika. She will be offering personal training services as well. With that being said we are also looking for more qualified certified trainers. Contact Antonette for inquiries, #262-497-1844
- Open gym will run from 6:30AM-10:30AM & 3:30PM-6PM
(M,T,TH,F) (by appointment only).
We provide a “Playbook” filled with RS workouts to help keep you on point. Our Playbook is what sets us apart from other “open gyms” in the area- and coaches will be working out at that time as well.
- Our focus will be on building our community and our sponsorships with local athletes in 2016.
- RaceStart will be at the “Women Up” trade show at the Expo Center the first Saturday in February- We hope to see you there!
- A squat therapy seminar is planned for the near future. This will help us gain knowledge of limited ROM in our squat, how to avoid that “butt wink”, and any pain our joints may feel from perfoming squats (incorrectly)…and of course how to properly correct that.
- RaceStart will be hosting an all day KB seminar, with special guest, Sam Gonzalez, Strong First Level II Kettlebell Instructor(SFG II) from Chicago (event open to the public)
- RaceStart is currently looking to bring in a certified self defense instructor…it’s our goal to be hosting a self defense seminar sooner rather than later.
- RS is also seeking a nutritionist to bring on borad. Contact Antonette for inquiries, #262-497-1844
- You can expect to see team competitions with TopLine Gym in the near future.
- Stay posted for other future events. If there is an event that you’d like RS to host, contact Antonette, #262-497-1844
THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL 2015! We are very excited for the future plans of RaceStart, and look forward to sharing them with you. Thanks again, for all of your support and dedication over the last year!
If you have any suggestions or ideas that you’d like to see incorporated into our programing please PM Antonette, firstname.lastname@example.org